Everyone dreams of a slim and toned body, but often not many people have the time and money to visit gyms. However, there is a way out…. push-ups!
The benefits of push-ups from the floor
This exercise belongs to the basic ones, when several muscle groups are involved at once:
* Shoulder belt;
* Arms (biceps and triceps);
* Abdominal muscles.
In the process of push-ups, it is possible to shift the emphasis to those muscle groups that you want to use (triceps, shoulders and chest) and in order to emphasize the load, you need to redistribute the load.
The peculiarity of push-ups is that the activation of the muscles occurs immediately after taking the initial position. Regular push-ups help to strengthen power and increase endurance. It should be noted that there are more advantages to push-ups, such as:
* The respiratory and circulatory systems are strengthened;
* The metabolic processes are improved;
* The immune forces of the body increase.
Thanks to regular training, even at home, muscle tone and muscle mass significantly increase. Not every exercise can boast of such results. The undoubted advantages of push-ups are:
* The possibility of their implementation within childhood;
- No special devices are required.
How to start training using push-ups?
Despite the apparent simplicity of the push-up technique, it is still worth considering a number of nuances:
* Train in moderation. Avoid excessive load, especially in the first sessions. In this case, it is the quality that plays a greater role.
* Do not rush to get the result quickly. Training with push-ups should gradually become more complicated and the preparation for the next level of load can last several weeks. As soon as the muscles get strong enough and the required number of push-ups will be obtained easily, then you can increase the load.
* Observe the breathing technique. This plays an important role. The wrong breathing technique can disrupt the entire training process.
In order for the result of push-ups to be as effective as possible, it is necessary to adhere to the following recommendations:
- The number of repetitions in the first lesson is not more than 10. As already mentioned, it is important to increase the pace in a gradual mode. At the end of the workout, you should feel a pleasant fatigue, without a feeling of overexertion;
- Before push-ups, we strongly recommend performing a small warm-up lasting about 10 minutes;
* Classes should be regular. Do not allow long breaks, because the whole result will go down the drain as the muscles will be tension free for too long.
How many push-ups should be done?
For the question of how many push-ups it is necessary to strive for, the general answer is that, it is enough for women to do push-ups 40 times and for men 100 times. These results are quite realistic to get in one and a half to two months of regular training at home for 15 minute periods.
Carefully follow the technique of performing push-ups, the most important thing is a good amplitude. This way the results will come faster.
Types of push-ups
You can do push-ups in different ways, to shift the emphasis on some target muscle, you need to change the point of support. They claim that there are about 50 variants of doing push-ups in total! Here are the most popular ones:
The technique of implementation is familiar to everyone and lies as the following:
* The starting position is lying down with an emphasis on the toes and palms;
* The hands are placed shoulder-width apart with the palms facing forward.
With these types of push-ups, the triceps, pectoral and deltoid muscles are trained.
When performing push-ups, it is important to monitor the body, as it should stay smooth throughout the movements.
Any bending of the body allows you to perform push-ups easier and the effect of the exercise is sharply reduced.
As already mentioned, this technique of push-ups allows to work out the triceps, chest and the deltoid muscles.
From the knees
They are a lightweight version of push-ups, which is suitable for beginners, females and people suffering from vertebral diseases. This type of push-ups helps to relieve the load from the lumbar spine.
The initial pose is similar to the classic version, but the emphasis is on the knees. In this case, the feet are in a crossed position and are located above the floor.
In this case, the hands are placed at a distance twice the width of the shoulders. At the same time, the elbows are also separated to the sides. Toes are a little narrower than the width of the shoulders. In the process of lowering to the floor, it is important to monitor the preservation of the direction of the elbow joints to the sides. After touching the chest with the floor, a quick rise is made to the starting position.
The wider the arms are located, the greater the load on the pectoral muscles will be.
It refers to complex types of push-ups, which helps to strengthen the triceps zone and deltoid muscles. In this case, the emphasis is placed exclusively on the palm with the fingers slightly turned in the direction of each other. The location of the lower limbs is slightly wider than the shoulder girdle.
In the process of push-ups, the elbows are pulled back and slightly to the sides.
Push-ups on one hand
This type of push-up requires high stability. This can be achieved by the legs placed at a wide distance from each other.
Next, you need to:
* Leave the right hand on the floor and the left hand in a slightly bent position behind the back;
* Use special supports that help to achieve the maximum convenience;
* Position the right hand in a straight line to the body. At the same time, it absolutely cannot be shifted to the sides.
It is important to take into account that, unlike other types of push-ups, this one has only three points of support, which is why maintaining balance is achieved by widely spreading the legs apart.
In the process of lowering, the elbow simultaneously bends and moves to the side. The chest should touch the floor, after which it returns to its original position. Throughout this training process, the shoulders are placed parallel to the floor. At the end of the first stage of push-ups, the hands are changed around.
A well-developed musculature of the abdominal muscles will help to perform push-ups of this type.
This type of training strengthens the muscles effectively and in a short time, while simultaneously contributing to the development of speed and strength indicators. In order to achieve a clap, the starting position must be correct, which the toes should be located at shoulder width and the hands should be placed twice as wide as the legs.
The training process boils down to the following:
- By means of a powerful push, the body is pushed up. At the same time, the palms drive off the floor and make a quick clap;
* Return to the starting position is performed gently;
* Absolutely do not flop on the floor, as an injury can occur;
- After touching the floor, all actions are repeated again.
The movements of the hands should be characterized by rhythm, coherence and speed. This type of push-ups is part of the training for boxers. They are also useful for athletes, as they increase endurance, as well as for fighters engaged in various types of martial arts.
- On the fingers
Push-ups with an emphasis on the fingers helps to strengthen bone tissues and increase the stability of the hands. The main thing is to focus exclusively on the fingers.
It is necessary to do such an exercise with the development of good physical fitness and with sufficient strength of the fingers so that they can hold the body as securely as possible. To strengthen the bones of the fingers, it is recommended to train with an expander.
- With weights
This type of push-ups is suitable for weightlifters or those who strive to build up mass. Here it is important to use specially designed weights that allow to increase the load, due to which there is a maximum and high-quality work of muscle tissues.
Special weighted vest equipped with pockets for the weights are most often used to increase the working load. This equipment is also suitable for fans of pull-ups on the crossbar and push-ups on the uneven bars.
In the absence of a weight vest you can use an ordinary weight plate. However, it should be used carefully and preferably in the presence of a person who should monitor the correct location of the weight plate on the back. The process itself must also be performed with caution.
It is recommended to start such push-ups with a small weight, which must be increased gradually. During the week, one kg should be added.
- Deep push-ups
High efficiency is achieved by increasing the amplitude of the movement. You can use support points in the form of three chairs at home. Special stands up to 15 cm high can replace the chairs.
The objects that you want to use as a support must be reliable, so that you do not fall to the floor during push-ups. Special push-up handles are perfect for this. Well, at home, books can also perfectly fulfill the role of a stand, but do this with caution.
So, the technique and types of push-ups are considered. Now is the time to learn about important tips that should be followed in the process of their implementation:
* Carefully study the simple technique of performing push-ups. When placing the hands on a flat surface, there should be no discomfort in the elbow and hand joints.
* Increase joint flexibility. Immediately before push-ups, it is important to warm up thoroughly enough.
- To avoid injuries and stretching, it is useful to wear bandages or special wristbands on your wrists. Such protection becomes especially relevant when performing complex push-ups with a clap.
* Sometimes it is not always possible to achieve the maximum amplitude. Usually girls with large breasts suffer from this. Increase the amplitude with the help of supports.
* The difficulty of the push-up is directly proportional to the position of the legs. The higher their location, the more difficult it is. Athletes with many years of experience perform push-ups only in this way.
* It is important to remember about proper nutrition. For meaningful muscle formation, it is necessary to consume a sufficient amount of meat and vegetable products.
Push-ups are quite effective and at the same time the least time-consuming and financially expensive training that allows to keep figure in shape.
The benefits of such exercises are evidenced by their ancient history. The first mention of push-ups is several thousand years ago. As you can see, they remain very relevant today, as push-ups are often included in training programs.
Tip: To enhance the strength and endurance within these exercises, many athletes use Clenbuterol and Turinabol, or for females, Clenbuterol and Anavar. These substances can allow for increase endurance abilities and also help to promote the strength gain that is needed to perform most to all of these different types of push-up variations. You can find both of these combinations within out online store and also read more regarding their many great benefits for all different types of athletes.